The Mission of Revival Outreach Ministries International is to impact lives by helping people fulfill their divine destiny and live the high life that God has purposed for them (John 10:10). To accomplish this, ROMI will be a place of health and healing; a church where people are safe to grow out of their past and come into a new future; a church where people are nurtured and helped; a church of love and acceptance; and a church where love and fulfillment motivate growth and transformation.
The vision of Revival Outreach Ministries International (ROMI) is to be a vehicle through which individuals have encounters with the Lord that produce personal transformation.
Revival Outreach Ministries International (ROMI) is a Partner Church with DOVE USA and our values, being consistent with those espoused by DOVE, are as follows:
1) Knowing God the Father through His Son Jesus Christ and living by His Word is the Foundation of life.
- We believe that the basis of the Christian faith is to know God through repentance for sin, receiving Jesus Christ as Lord, building an intimate relationship with Him, and being conformed to His image (John 1:12, John 17:3, Romans 8:29, 2 Cor. 5:21).
2 ) It is essential for every believer to be baptized with the Holy Spirit and be completely dependent on Him.
- We recognize that we need the person and power of the Holy Spirit to minister effectively to our generation. Changed lives are not the product of men’s wisdom, but in the demonstration of the power of the Holy Spirit as modeled in the New Testament Church (1 Cor. 2:2-5, John 15:5). We believe it is essential for every believer to be baptized with the Holy Spirit and to pursue spiritual gifts (2 Cor. 13:14, John 4:23-24).
3) The Great Commission will be completed through prayer, evangelism, discipleship and church planting.
- We are committed to helping fulfill the Great Commission through prayer and fasting, evangelism, discipleship, and church planting locally, nationally, and internationally (Matthew 28:19-20, Matthew 6:5-18, Acts 1:8).
4) We deeply value the sacred covenant of marriage and the importance of training our children to know Christ.
- It is our belief that marriage is between one man and one woman. Both marriage and family are instituted by God, and healthy, stable families are essential for the church to be effective in fulfilling its mission. Parents are called by God to walk in the character of Christ and to train their children in the nurture and loving discipline of the Lord Jesus Christ (Mark 10:6-8, Ephesians 5:22-6:4).
5) We are committed to spiritual families, spiritual parenting, and intergenerational connections.
- We are committed to spiritual parenting on every level of church and ministry life (Malachi 4:5-6, 1 Cor.4:15-17).
- Participation in a small group is a fundamental commitment to the ROMI family. The small group is a small group of believers and/or families who are committed to one another and to reaching others for Christ. We believe the Lord desires to raise up spiritual families on many levels including small groups, congregations, apostolic movements and the kingdom of God (1 Cor. 12:18, Ephesians 4:16).
- We believe each spiritual family needs to share common values, vision, goals, and a commitment to build together, with the need to receive ongoing training in these areas (Psalm 133, 2 Peter 1:12-13, 2 Timothy 2:2).
- We are committed to reaching, training, and releasing young people as co-laborers for the harvest, as different generations labor together (Acts 2:17, Jeremiah 31:13).
6) Spiritual multiplication and reproduction must extend to every sphere of kingdom life and ministry.
- Multiplication is expected and encouraged in every sphere of church life. Small groups should multiply into new small groups, consistent with the long-term goal of planting new churches (Acts 11:19-30, Acts 13-15).
7) Relationships are essential in building God’s kingdom.
- Serving others and building trust and relationships is a desired experience in every area of church life. We believe the best place to begin to serve and experience trust and relationship is in the small group (Acts 2:42-47, Ephesians 4:16, Galatians 5:13).
8) Every Christian is both a priest and a minister.
- According to the scriptures, every Christian is a priest who needs to hear from the Lord personally (Revelation 1:5-6).
- Every believer is called of God to minister to others and needs to be equipped for this work with the small group as a center for ministry. Fivefold ministers (apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors & teachers) are the Lord’s gifts to His church. He uses fivefold ministers to help equip each believer to become an effective minister in order to build up the body of Christ (1 Peter 4:9, Ephesians 4:11-12).
- We need to be constantly handing the work of ministry over to those we are serving (equipping) so they can fulfill their call from the Lord (Titus 1:5, 1 Timothy 4:12-14).
9) A servant’s heart is necessary for every leader to empower others.
- We believe every sphere of leadership needs to include a clear servant-leader called by God and a team that is called to work with the leader. The leader has the anointing and responsibility to discern the mind of the Lord that is expressed through the leadership team (2 Cor. 10:13-16, Numbers 27:16, 1 Peter 5:1-4).
- We believe God raises up leaders to direct, protect, correct, and discipline the church. These leaders must model the biblical qualifications for leadership (Acts 15, Acts 6:1-4, 1 Timothy 3, Titus 1).
- In every area of church life we believe we need to submit to those who rule over us in the Lord and esteem them highly in love for their work’s sake (Hebrews 13:17, 1 Thessalonians 5:12-13).
10) Biblical prosperity, generosity, and integrity are essential to kingdom expansion.
- We believe biblical prosperity is God’s plan to help fulfill the great commission. The principle of the tithe is part of God’s plan to honor and provide substance for those He has placed over us in spiritual authority. Those who are in spiritual authority are responsible for the proper distribution of the tithe and offering (3 John 2, Matthew 23:23, Heb. 7:4-7, Malachi 3:8-11, Acts 11:29-30).
- We believe that every area of ministry and church life needs to be responsible financially and accountable to those giving oversight to maintain a high standard of integrity. Spiritual leaders receiving a salary from the church are discouraged from setting their own salary level (Galatians 6:5, Romans 15:14, 1 Thessalonians 5:22, 2 Corinthians 8:20-21).
11) The gospel compels us to send missionaries to the unreached and help those least able to meet their own needs.
- Jesus instructs us to take the gospel to the ends of the earth to those who have never heard. We actively support mission activities that are going to locations in the earth that we are physically unable to reach.
- We are also called to help the poor and needy, those in prison, orphans and widows (Deuteronomy 14:28-29, Deuteronomy 26:10-12, Matthew 25: 31-46, James 1:27, Proverbs 19:17).
12) We are called to build the kingdom together with the entire body of Christ.
- We are called to link together with other groups in the body of Christ and pursue unity in His church as we reach the world together (Matthew 6:33, Ephesians 4:1-6, John 17, Psalm 133).
- We desire to see God’s kingdom come not just in and through the church, but in all areas of life. We are, therefore, called to minister in the church, the family, the government, the arts, education, business and the media, so that all such spheres come under the Lordship of Jesus Christ and reflect the values of His Kingdom (Matthew 6:10).
- Our unifying focus is on Christ, His Word and the Great Commission, and we believe we should not be distracted by minor differences (Romans 14:5).